Improve Your Smile While Relaxing in Style
At Lake Lucerne Lifestyle Dentistry, we know the importance of a seamless smile. If you are missing teeth, our Orlando dentist can help. We provide a variety of tooth replacement procedures including bridges, implants, and dentures. Our knowledgeable team can discuss and inspect your teeth to determine the best tooth replacement option for you. We may deduce that dentures are your best choice, and can provide you with a therapeutic and refreshing appointment to install them.
Book an appointment with our skilled dentist by calling (407) 410-4489.
Dentures are replacements for missing teeth. They come in two varieties- partial dentures and complete dentures. Complete dentures are used when the client has lost all of his or her teeth, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain in the mouth. Dentures can also replace some of the lost tissue in the mouth.
If you lost your teeth due to periodontal disease, injury, or tooth decay, you will need to wait 8-12 weeks before your gums heal and you are able to return for conventional denture installment. Immediate dentures can be used in the meantime to save you any embarrassment.
How to Care for Your Dentures
If you received dentures at our Orlando cosmetic dentists’ office, it is essential that you care for them just like you would for your real teeth. Proper hygiene is essential to prolong the life of your new dentures.
It is important that you:
- Brush your dentures regularly with a soft bristled brush (no toothpaste.)
- Handle them with care as they are fragile
- Rinse dentures with water after every meal
- Clean dentures routinely with dishwashing liquid or an ultrasonic cleaner
- Soak dentures in a solution when they are not being worn
- Do not place dentures in hot water, as this can warp them
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups, repairs, or readjustments
Experience luxurious Orlando dentistry by calling (407) 410-4489 today.
“Very thorough and lets me know how I am doing with my dental health!”Nancy G.